Monday, July 27, 2009

Seeing Is Not Believing


Here of late, I sit and wait.

I anticipate the awakening, of myself.

I dread a stroll by a mirror, almost hate.

Still, I gaze into it, I see my souls wealth.


I can see through the pupils of my eyes.

The lines, the worry on my face.

Aging with time, my plans, I must devise.

Merely standing there, denies me my purpose, my place.


With my reflections and the ticking of life's clock, I look.

Being human we too are like reflecting glass.

Standing before me, is a man that is not an open book.

In an instant we too can break by sharp force, but it will pass.


I wake up each day with hope and worry.

Walking passed the shadows of my youth, with my present reflection.

My wish is that time will not hurry.

I share my love with others, with the knowledge of our souls perfection.






2 comments:

  1. "Being human we too are like reflecting glass."

    This image re-evokes a shape of my own about being a responder to a true but invisible thing near me or far from me, but part of my need to live. Perhaps I hear a conversation with a part of myself I haven't met yet.

    DB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes as we grow old, reflection does change along with lines of worries as signs of maturity concomittant to our responsibilities. I devised an outlook that I won't see me as a reflecting glass...but as a glass that gets stronger as it endures the time of trials. I like your reflection about your life.

    ReplyDelete